As one of the largest companies in the world, Dell has constantly championed initiatives that would ensure positive changes to both society and the world as we know it. Their prior 2020 Legacy of Good programme completed a slew of objectives ahead of schedule and with the dawn of a new decade, the company has announced a series of ambitious goals for 2030 as part of their Progress Made Real plan.
The Dell Progress Made Real Plan for 2030 aims to leverage the extensive technological prowess and global scale that the brand commands to effect real, measurable and positive change on society and planet with the underlying belief that technology and data combined with human spirit will be a positive force in the world.
Across the next decade, Dell Technologies aims to accomplish the following moonshot goals :
- Recycle an equivalent product for every product a customer buys
- Lead the circular economy with more than half of all product content being made from recycled or renewable material
- Use 100% recycled or renewable material in all packaging
- Deliver future-ready skills development for workers in their supply chain
- Drive a comprehensive science-based climate program, setting emissions goals across facilities, supply chain and operations to customer use of our products including partnering with suppliers to meet a greenhouse gas emissions reduction target of 60% per unit revenue by 2030
- Acquire, develop and retain women so they account for 50% of the company’s global workforce and 40% of global people managers
- Acquire, develop and retain black/African American and Hispanic team members so they account for 25% of the company’s U.S. workforce and 15% of U.S. people managers
- Educate 95% of all team members on an annual basis about unconscious bias, harassment, micro-aggressions and privilege
- Advance the health, education and economic opportunity of 1 billion people
- Digitally transform 1,000 nonprofit organisations
- Achieve 75% team member participation in charitable giving and volunteerism in communities
Upholding Ethics and Data Privacy
- Promoting privacy via open, global standards
- Encouraging R&D in technology to adopt privacy-by-design approaches in government technology solutions
- Implementing smart, open data platforms for governments to share their data with appropriate data security and privacy safeguards to foster innovative solutions to societal problems.
- Work with the private sector to develop transparency guidelines for the ethical use of emerging technologies
These initiatives dovetail nicely with Dell’s ongoing efforts towards making the world a better place including their thriving MentorConnect programme at all Dell facilities across the globe. “Pairing human ingenuity and passion is the key to unlocking lasting societal changes. At Dell Technologies, we set the bar high to make positive, measurable social impact not only in Malaysia but also globally,” said Pang Yee Beng, senior vice president, South Asia, and managing director, Malaysia, Dell Technologies. “The MentorConnect program is a perfect example – one that we are immensely proud of. It is a cross-company talent mentoring program dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace – from its roots in Malaysia, it is now adopted in other countries in the region.” To find out more about Dell’s Progress Made Real for 2030 initiative, you can peruse their official outline here